Workers' Compensation Section
News from the Section
Nominations Are Open for the Steve Jimenez Memorial Special Recognition Awards
Deadline: February 29, 2016
We're currently seeking your nominations for the Steve Jimenez Memorial Special Recognition Awards.
Nominations are sought in five categories:
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Judge of the Year
- Defense Attorney of the Year
- Applicant Attorney of the Year
- Young Attorney of the Year
The nomination form is now posted. For information about past recipients, see Steve Jimenez Memorial Special Recognition Awards.
2016 Spring Education Conference
Saturday, March 12, 2016
JW Marriott Los Angeles
900 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Saturday, April 23, 2016
Hilton Oakland Airport
One Hegenberger Road
Oakland, CA 94621
Saturday, June 4, 2016
The Cliffs Resort
2757 Shell Beach Rd
Pismo Beach, CA
Program Schedule | Essential Information | Printable Brochure | Mail/Fax Reg. Form
Earn 6 hours of participatory MCLE credit, including 1 hour in Legal Ethics, and 6 hours legal specialization credits in Workers' Compensation Law! Read more.
Workers' Compensation 101 Series
The Setion is pleased to present it's Workers' Compensation 101 series, stretching out through 6 one-hour sessions this spring.
Purchase 5 out of 6 webinars from the Workers' Compensation 101 series before March 18 to receive 10% off!
- Workers’ Compensation 101: A Complete Overview of the Workers’ Compensation System, Friday, March 18, 2016, 12 noon - 1 p.m.
- Workers’ Compensation 101: The Fundamentals of Temporary Disability, Friday, March 25, 2016, 12 noon - 1 p.m.
- Workers’ Compensation 101: Medical Treatment, Friday, April 8, 2016, 12 noon - 1 p.m.
- Workers’ Compensation 101: Permanent Disability, Friday, April 15, 2016, 12 noon - 1 p.m.
- Workers’ Compensation 101: The Fundamentals of Rating, Friday, April 29, 2016, 12 noon - 1:05 p.m.
- Workers’ Compensation 101: Basic Litigation Process, Friday, May 6, 2016, 12 noon - 1:05 p.m.
Speaker Eric Ledger works as Industrial Relations Counsel with the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board. Prior to working for the Appeals Board, Mr. Ledger worked as an applicant's attorney for four years. He is a current member of the Workers' Compensation Executive Committee for which he co-chairs the education sub-committee.
For more information, see Workers' Compensation 101 Series.
MEMBERS ONLY: List of CLE webinars and Substantive Law Articles Available FREE on State Bar Website
As a benefit of Section membership, the state bar is pleased to offer six hours of MCLE credit, offering credit in all of the MCLE subfields, Elimination of Bias in the Legal Profession, Detection and Prevention of Substance Abuse and Emotional Distress and Legal Ethics. Just keep a record of having watched them, in the event you're audited for MCLE compliance.
State Bar Workers’ Comp Section members may also use this link to access a plethora of our most popular articles from our publications.
See Online CLE and click on Workers' Compensation to find out how you can get online participatory MCLE credit for Workers' Compensation programs at your convenience. Choose from a wide selection of State Bar of California MCLE programs at both modem and broadband connection speeds. For information about other options for CLE credit, see Education .
Save Money with CEB
Continuing Education of the Bar, California (CEB) is extending some special discount offers to our section. As a member of the Workers' Compensation Section, you're eligible for:
- 10% off selected CEB print or online books
- A rebate on your section dues that can be applied to the cost of a CEB Gold CLE Passport or a CLE program ticket
A complete list of the products eligible for a discount is available on a CEB web page accessible through our Members Only Area . Information about the section dues rebate program can be found on the CEB Web site .
Workers' Compensation Section
The State Bar of California
180 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94105-1639